Kaith Consultants is a top tier Investment & Business Consulting firm.
OUR OFFSHORE SOLUTIONS
Mauritius Company Formation
Mauritius Authorized Company
A company having its principle place of effective management outside Mauritius. It require authorization from the FSC to be an Authorized Company (“AC”).
- Majority beneficial interest is controlled by a person who is not a citizen of Mauritius
- Conduct business principally outside Mauritius or with such category of persons as may be specified in FSC Rules
- It must have a registered agent in Mauritius which shall be a management company.
- It is a non-resident in Mauritius. No tax is payable in Mauritius but it is required to submit a return of income to the Mauritius Revenue Authority.
Mauritius Domestic Company
- A Domestic Company may be used to carry out business both in and outside Mauritius. The Domestic Company is governed by The Companies Act 2001.
- Key Features
- Access to the extensive network of Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements (DTAAs) which Mauritius has with other countries;
- Headline rate of tax at 15% but may be subject to exemptions, tax holidays or other reductions in tax rate as a result of the activity;
- Eligible to the partial exemption regime under which 80% of the certain income are exempted from income tax;
- Eligible to underlying tax credit on dividends if shareholding in the company paying the dividend is directly or indirectly greater than 5%;
- Eligible for tax sparing benefits;
- No thin capitalization rules, earning stripping and controlled foreign company regulations;
- Exempted from capital gains tax in Mauritius